The St. Elizabeth's Wellness Center is committed to addressing the health and wellness needs of people living in our community, including residents of Project HOME-sponsored housing, people living in North Philadelphia, and people who are currently homeless. These health services, located within the St. Elizabeth's Community Center in North Philadelphia, include primary medical care, behavioral health care, and care coordination services. We also work with many partners to promote physical and mental health to our patients and the wider community, especially around better nutrition, increased physical activity, smoking cessation and healthy stress reduction.
Overview of Health Services @ St. E's
Services are offered regardless of health insurance status, and include:
- Primary medical care for adults.
- Psychiatric services.
- Behavioral health services, including individual, couple and family therapy, adult support groups, play therapy groups known as the House of Hope and Peace, and linkage to other services in the community.
- Rapid HIV testing and counseling.
- Care coordination services including assistance with applying for medical assistance, obtaining transportation to medical appointments, applying for free or low-cost medications, and scheduling appointments with specialists.
- Support services for a healthy lifestyle, including one-on-one nutrition teaching with our RN, diabetes self-management classes through Jefferson's Center for Urban Health, and therapeutic healing touch for stress reduction by Sr. Catherine Ginther, a Franciscan sister.
Our Medical Team:
St. Elizabeth's Wellness Center staff:
- VP of Healthcare: Monica Medina McCurdy, PA-C
- Director of Clinical Services: Lucy W Kibe DrPH, PA-C
- Physician Assistant: Ann McDonough Madden MHS, PA-C
- Clinic Coordinator: Joanne Whitaker
- Registered Nurse: Lisa Greenspan
We also work in close collaboration with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and students from Thomas Jefferson University Department of Family and Community Medicine:
- Faculty Physicians: Lara Carson Weinstein, MD; James Plumb, MD; and Kevin Scott, MD
- Resident Physicians: Kenneth E Hemba, MD; Liz Daly, MD; Patrick Doggett, MD; Bridget Peterson, MD; Kathryn McGrath, MD
- Pharmacist: Rohit Moghe
Our Behavioral Health Team:
In 2011, St. Elizabeth's Wellness Center formed a coalition with other behavioral health providers to increase access to trauma-informed counseling services for patients of St. E's and members of the wider community. The coalition, led by a therapist from Women Against Abuse, received a grant from the City's Dept. of Behavioral Health. Through this grant, the following agencies and their staff are able to provide on-site services at St. E's:
- Women Against Abuse: Hannah Jones-Lewis, LCSW (project coordination of the coalition and therapist for children and adults)
- House of Hope and Peace: Dorothy Thomas, LCSW (Director of support groups for children experiencing grief and loss)
- Council for Relationships: Michael Keene, PhD, LCSW (staff therapists for children and adults and supervision of several graduate student interns from Jefferson's Masters Program in Couples and Family Therapy).
- Einstein Psychiatry: Lori Albright, NP.
- Jefferson Outreach Program, Dept. of Psychiatry (the coalition links to various psychiatrists off-site)
To schedule an appointment to see a medical provider, please contact Sr. Joanne Whitaker at 215-235-3110 ext. 5633.
For general inquiries about the St. Elizabeth's Wellness Center, please contact Lucy Kibe at 215-235-3110 ext. 5609.
Our address: 1845 N. 23 rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19121 (between Montgomery and Berks Streets, near the 61, 3, and 33 Septa bus routes)