Highlights from 2014
Happy New Year to all our Project HOME community!
We look back on our top achievements and events of 2014.
1) Just this past month, we opened the long-anticipated Steven Klein Wellness Center.
2) In September, we broke ground for our next residence, at 810 Arch Street
3) In June we partied at our 25th anniversary “A Taste of HOME” community celebration.
4) In April, we held a fabulous 25th Anniversary gala.
5) In April, we opened our newest residence, JBJ Soul Homes.
6) In the spring, we hosted a photo and video exhibit honoring veterans who had overcome homelessness.
7) Last winter we finished our third successful year of the Hub of Hope.
8) Throughout the year, we have worked to strengthen our resident advisory board.
9) We have begun working with several partners to address the situation of chronic homelessness in the Kensington neighborhood.
10) We expanded services to veterans who are homeless.
11) Our advocacy department spearheaded the Vote For Homes! Coalition in a major voter mobilization campaign during the Pennsylvania gubernatorial election. Then, in December, Governor-elect Tom Wolf visited Project HOME and discussed policies to address housing, jobs, and services.
Thanks to all of you who helped make these highlights possible – as well as our day to day work toward ending homelessness in Philadelphia.