A New Year, New Possibilities
It’s still early in 2015, and in our last blog, we highlighted our top accomplishments of the past year. Here we present some of our top goals for the new year:
1) We are planning to operate a fourth year of the Hub of Hope, the drop-in center in the Suburban Station Concourse, to create an access center for persons experiencing chronic homelessness.
2) Early this spring, we will hold a Grand Opening for the new Stephen Klein Wellness Center.
3) We will complete and open our new residence at 810 Arch Street.
4) We plan on breaking ground for construction of a new 95-unit residence on North Broad Street.
5) We are working on a special Hunger and Homelessness Committee that will create activities and events to highlight these issues in preparation for Pope Francis’ visit to Philadelphia in September.
6) We will work with partners in the Kensington area to expand services to some of the city’s poorest citizens living in that neighborhood.
7) We will work to strengthen resident leadership and find more venues for the gifts and voices of our residents in our mission and in the broader public goal of ending homelessness.
We are happy to provide you with more information on any of these initiatives. And as always, we are so deeply grateful for your support and partnership to make all of this possible.