Volunteer and In-Kind Gift Needs | December 2015
Give warmly — help bring holiday joy and cheer to many of our formerly homeless and low-income men, women, and children through a gift card drive. We need donations of $30 gift cards to CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walmart or Old Navy to give to residents and afterschool students. Please e-mail Vcoordinator@projecthome.org if you are interested.
As we prepare for another winter season at the Hub of Hope, we hope you will once again be able to donate some of your time or a few items to ensure the walk-in center can provide health services and housing placement to persons experiencing long-term homelessness. (Download the Hub wish list.)
We will need volunteers (weekly preferred) beginning January 4 for two to three hour shifts, Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 10 am and 6 pm to 8 pm. Volunteers would be asked to manage the sign-in sheet, oversee the hospitality station, or greet folks at the door. Please contact Karen Orrick at 215-232-7272, x3043 to learn more or to claim a volunteer spot. The Hub will remain open through April.
We are also asking for the following in-kind donations:
Hub of Hope
- Sugar, creamer, and coffee
- Paper (no Styrofoam please) 10-ounce coffee cups
- Individually-wrapped snacks, including fruit like clementine oranges and bananas
- Cleaning supplies like rags, mop heads, rubber gloves, and trash bags
- Tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Air freshener
- Caffeine-free tea
- Hot chocolate mix and bottled water
- Cough drops
- Warm clothes (esp. gloves, underwear, socks, hats, coats, shoes, and boots)
- Travel-size toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, chapstick, shampoo, and conditioner)
- Tokens for participants to travel to appointments
- Blankets and pillows
- Dish and laundry detergent
General In-Kind Requests
- New hats and warm socks
- New gloves and scarves
- New blankets, pillows, sheets, and towels
- Toys or books for children ages 5 through 12
Please contact Elle Gordon at 215-232-7272, x4483 or email@example.com for more information or to schedule a drop off.
And, as always, if you see someone experiencing homelessness who needs help, please call the 24-Hour Homeless Outreach Hotline at 215-232-1984.