Solidarity with International Women's Day
Many people are taking action on International Women’s Day on March 8 as part of the “A Day Without a Woman” campaign – a movement for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity.
In honor of International Women’s Day, the Project HOME Community is gathering for a noon potluck to celebrate and honor the struggle of women in our community.
If you would like to wear red in solidarity, there is a selection of red items at HOME Spun (show your support for small businesses today!).
Here is the agenda that we will be using today that might be helpful as you gather with your community.
Sample International Women’s Day Discussion Agenda:
- Background – Share what this day is about from www.womensmarch.com/womensday or www.internationalwomensday.com
- Opener – Name and share about a woman who has been a strong figure in your life.
- Actions Options: (let us know if you have other suggestions!)
- Send a Postcard to Congress (we have templates already printed at 1515 Fairmount if you want them)
- Make red ribbons that you can pass out to others in the community to share what the day is about
- Share one thing you pledge to do in the next week/month/year to work toward gender justice OR one way share plan to honor that woman in their life who has strengthened and inspired them.
- Take one of our online actions: