Selected Articles and Facts on Homelessness
• Issue Summary of Chronic Homelessness | From the National Alliance to End Homelessness
• Project HOME's Economic and Fiscal Impact on Philadelphia Neighborhoods
• Strategies for Reducing Chronic Homelessness: A Comparison of Seven Cities' Approaches
• Fact sheets from the National Coalition for the Homeless on various aspects of homelessness
• Criminalization of Homelessness in the United States | A report by the National Coalition for the Homeless
• Poverty in the United States | Highlighting the hardships facing people and families living at or below the poverty line
• Homelessness Analytics | Provides national mapping and trending information about homelessness among the general population and specific subpopulations (especially veterans)
• National Low Income Housing Coalition, Out of Reach 2013 | Documents the costs of affordable housing and the number of full-time minimum wage jobs that would allow a person to afford reasonable housing
• Homelessness Resource Exchange | Further information about Philadelphia available here
• US Conference of Mayors 2013 Hunger and Homelessness Survey (previous years also available)
• Until All Of Us Are Home: The Process of Leadership at Project HOME
• What Will It Take To End Homelessness? | By Martha Burt
• Baumohl, Jim, Ed. Homelessness in America, 1996, Oryz Press.
• Blau, Joel. The Visible Poor: Homelessness in the United States, 1992, Oxford University Press.
• Kozol, Jonathan. Rachel and Her Children: Homeless Families in America, 1988, Random House.
• Lopez, Steven. The Soloist, 2008, Penguin Group.