Adult Education and Employment
Project HOME’s Adult Education program empowers adults experiencing homelessness, Project HOME residents who are recovering from homelessness, and our neighbors in Lower North Philadelphia to improve their earning potential, the quality of their lives, and the future of the neighborhood.
To see what we are currently recruiting for, check out the Events page.
To stay up to date about upcoming trainings, workshops, events, and opportunities, sign up for the email update list. Check the "Adult Education and Employment" box.
We offer industry-specific career track training classes with credentialing/certification:
- Certified Peer Specialist
- Customer Service (with HDI Customer Service Representative certification testing)
- Forklift Operator (Powered Industrial Trucks Certification)
- Practical Computer Skills for the Workforce (for beginners)
- ServSafe Food Handler
- ServSafe Manager
We offer creative arts classes:
- Digital Audio / Music Production and Recording
- Lyrics and Poetry
- Sampling Vinyl Records
We also offer:
- One-to-one tutoring [paused due to COVID]
- Peer groups
- A public computer lab
Stay current with all Adult Education has to offer by following us online:
The public computer lab at Project HOME's Honickman Learning Center Comcast Technology Labs is currently open twice a week. No one under 18 will be allowed in the lab.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Would you like one-to-one help applying for benefits? Would you like to find out what benefits you are eligible for?
Project HOME's BenePhilly counselor is here to help. To make an appointment or find out more
- Email [email protected]
- Call (267) 804-9112
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) FKA Food Stamps
- Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) FKA CCIS
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Property Tax/Rent Rebate
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)