Adult Education and Employment
Project HOME’s Adult Education program empowers adults in North Philadelphia to improve their earning potential, the quality of their lives, and the future of the neighborhood.
To stay up to date about upcoming trainings, workshops, events, and opportunities, sign up for the email update list. Make sure to check the "Adult Education and Employment" box. Click here to sign up.
We offer industry-specific career track training classes with credentialing/certification:
- Certified Peer Specialist
- Customer Service (with HDI Customer Service Representative certification testing)
- Forklift Operator
- ServSafe Food Handler
- ServSafe Manager
- Practical Computer Skills for the Workforce (with Northstar Digital Literacy certification testing)
We also offer:
- One-to-one tutoring [paused due to COVID]
- Peer groups [paused due to COVID]
- A public computer lab
Stay current with all Adult Education has to offer by following us online:
The public computer lab at Project HOME's Honickman Learning Center Comcast Technology Labs is currently open twice a week. No one under 18 will be allowed in the lab.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Would you like one-to-one help applying for benefits? Would you like to find out what benefits you are eligible for?
Project HOME's BenePhilly counselor is here to help. To make an appointment or find out more
- Email [email protected]
- Call (267) 804-9112
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) FKA Food Stamps
- Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) FKA CCIS
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Property Tax/Rent Rebate
- Client Assistance Program (CAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)