Integrated Medical and Behavioral Health Services
Contact the Integrated Medical and Behavioral Health Services team at 215-320-6187.
Project HOME's Integrated Medical and Behavioral Health Services department adds a behavioral specialist to a patient's primary care team.
Our primary care is focused on the physical health of the whole person—which includes disease prevention, the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, and health maintenance and counseling— and is provided by board-certified physicians, nurses, and medical assistants. Our clinical social workers supplement that work by developing a problem-focused treatment plan aimed at improvement in patients’ coping/life skills, treatment adherence, and other goals related to better quality of life and health outcomes.
Medical resources available to Philadelphians experiencing homelessness are lacking, as most primary care providers are not equipped to provide services to individuals with mental health and/or drug use disorders, conditions often suffered by members of this population.
Many patients served at the the Stephen Klein Wellness Center (SKWC) and at our satellite locations have chronic medical conditions that are exacerbated by poverty, homelessness, violence, lack of health insurance, mental illness, or substance use disorder, as well as by the lack of nearby resources. Additionally, many of our patients have been marginalized within the mainstream health care system. Expanding access and creating low-barrier access to care is critical to ending and preventing homelessness in Philadelphia; we are committed to ensure that an individual’s zip code does not determine their health outcomes.
Our primary partner is Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Department of Family Medicine. This long-standing partnership has resulted in exemplary care, access to physicians, and a contract for pharmacy services. Additionally, SKWC is a residency site for Thomas Jefferson University Hospital residents.
Project HOME's Healthcare Services is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and we are able to provide our services regardless of a person’s ability to pay for the services. In cases where an individual lacks health insurance, we offer a discounted sliding fee program.
Project HOME receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims including medical malpractice claims for itself and its covered individuals.
We accept the insurances listed below, as well as individuals who have no insurance:
- Keystone First : (800) 521-6860
- Health Partners: (800) 553-0784
- Keystone VIP Choice :(800) 450-1166
- Health Partners Medicare: (866) 901-8000
- Keystone First Comm Health Choices: (855) 332-0729
- PA Health and Wellness CHC: (844) 626-6813
- UPMC CHC: (866)884-8579
If you have another Medicaid plan and would like to switch to a plan we accept, please call PA Health Choices at 800-440-3989.
Please make sure that one of the Project HOME Stephen Klein Wellness Center providers is your Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- Dani Baurer, primary care provider
- Christine Castellan, primary care provider
- Shinichi Daimyo, psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Patrick Doggett, primary care provider
- Nyasha George, primary care provider
- Joi Goodwin, primary care provider
- Judith Tiga, primary care provider
- Nayeli Spahr, primary care provider
- Ivel Morales, primary care provider
Insurance Provider Contact Information
- Health Partners | 800-553-0784
- Keystone First | 800-521-6860
- Project HOME SKWC ID# 30171819
- Keystone Connect | 855-332-0434
- Project HOME SKWC ID# 30171819
- Keystone VIP Choice | (800) 450-1166
Project HOME ID# 80021357
Medicaid Access—no PCP change necessary
Medicare—no PCP change necessary
After you’ve made the call, please schedule an appointment by calling 215-320-6187.
Future Insurance Options
- Cigna HealthSpring
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna commercial plans
- Independence Blue Cross plans (Keystone Health Plan East, etc)
2144 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19121
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesdays until 7 p.m.
1401 Arch Street
Lower Level, Suburban Station Concourse
Philadelphia, PA 19102
5201 Old York Road
Philadelphia, PA 19141